Safe Kids Week 2015
Be a role model for cycling safety by following these important yet simple tips.
Protect your head wear a helmet: A properly fitted and correctly worn bike helmet can reduce the risk of serious head injury by up to 80%.
- Check your ride: Make sure bikes are adjusted to the right height for the rider, inflate tires and check that brakes are working properly.
- Be prepared: Get trained in bicycle safety and rules of the road. Use
Did you know?
Head injuries are the #1 cause of serious injury and death to kids on wheels: protect your head and theirs, wear a helmet!
- You can all cycle safely; check bikes for the right height, inflate tires and make sure brakes work.
- Get trained in bike safety; know and respect the rules of the road.
- Ride together and ride safe! Pick family friendly routes and safe areas for cycling!
Want to know more? Visit Parachute’s Parents Cycling Tips page – 7 Tips for Cycling Safety http://parachutecanada.org/downloads/programs/safekidsweek/PSKW_Parents_CyclingTips_2015.pdf